Sunday, August 29, 2010

Today’s Tips – Use Thailand Character in ColdFusion

images Have you guys ever involved in project where you need to use non-Latin character ? I did

I came across with problem to make my application to run the Thailand’s characters. if you usually develop the CF application in English localization, probably, you cannot merely apply the foreign characters. (you will find the characters in unknown format)

and how the simplest way to solve this ?

Update the ColdFusion encoding to UTF-8. you can do this by go to CFIDE administrator, under Java and JVM tabs, and in the JVM Parameters, add the additional Parameter : -encoding=UTF-8

and Restart your CF application server

Now you should be able to put the Thailand’s characters in your CF application. I never used any other characters except Latin and Thai, but I’m pretty sure it will be the same encoding if you want to use another characters such as Chinese, Russian, or maybe Arabian.

well, after this, you probably will find another problem, in regard to the database collation. I will give you some tips in my next post,

Hope can Help,

Stay tune and Cheer up your Monday !!

No comments: